I needed a haircut bad, and I don’t think I could have waited until my return to America, so I headed to the barber shop a few weeks ago. It is right next to campus, and its a nice place where one man runs his own shop. Rob, the other American guy here with me had been there and said it was good, so I trusted his opinion to an extent. He only received a buzz cut, and I was wanting just a trim. Seeing that every Japanese person has straight, thick hair and I’ve got thin, curly hair, I was stricken with a little fear. Fear that either the person would not want to cut my hair, or I would look ridiculous. Well, neither happened, but I didn’t get what I wanted. I took a picture of myself and explained that I wanted it to look like it was in the picture. I then proceeded to try to explain that my hair looked shorter that it really was. I don’t think he understood, because I got a pretty short cut, but it looks good. I couldn’t really explain it to him mid cut either because he just started hacking away. It was interesting because I just sat there carrying on a conversation full of small talk. I managed to make him think I’d been in Japan for years because I was speaking with him. But there was one funny incident where I made and interpreting mistake. He asked what my favorite thing about Japan was and I exclaimed, “Udon” which is a food. I thought he had asked about my favorite Japanese food. I realized my mistake when I saw how baffled he was.
Please excuse the themeless-ness. I already know its a no-no in SEO. I'll try to stick to a theme of mobile particularly in Japan.
- Just loved pizzagirl - Coffee Shop hypem.com/track/2qtw6 on @hypem 1 day ago
- Just loved @Youngfathers - Toy hypem.com/track/2qrms on @hypem 1 day ago
- Just loved EVAN GIIA - WESTWORLD hypem.com/track/2qtd8 on @hypem 1 day ago
- RT @highsnobiety: Kanye West is working on his new album with @trvisXX & more in Wyoming: s.hsnob.co/1715gTu https://t.co/xIzb1yMIvI 4 days ago
- SCHNOWBOARDINGGGGGG ift.tt/2p3KFBa https://t.co/CVkEwIHYSA 1 week ago
- That feeling when you decide to leave home without your umbrella on a rainy forecasted day but make it all the way… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- You know that feeling after a long productive day at work when you’re listening to a great song on your commute hom… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- Quite amazing how just a few days after the Winter Olympics end, we’ve got full blown spring in Tokyo. I love this kind of quick transition! 2 weeks ago
- RT @krassenstein: BREAKING: United Airlines has just announced that they have notified the NRA that they will no longer offer a discounted… 2 weeks ago
- RT @Steven_Hyden: "Son, ridiculing Marco Rubio is how you become president." twitter.com/toddstarnes/st… 3 weeks ago