I needed a haircut bad, and I don’t think I could have waited until my return to America, so I headed to the barber shop a few weeks ago. It is right next to campus, and its a nice place where one man runs his own shop. Rob, the other American guy here with me had been there and said it was good, so I trusted his opinion to an extent. He only received a buzz cut, and I was wanting just a trim. Seeing that every Japanese person has straight, thick hair and I’ve got thin, curly hair, I was stricken with a little fear. Fear that either the person would not want to cut my hair, or I would look ridiculous. Well, neither happened, but I didn’t get what I wanted. I took a picture of myself and explained that I wanted it to look like it was in the picture. I then proceeded to try to explain that my hair looked shorter that it really was. I don’t think he understood, because I got a pretty short cut, but it looks good. I couldn’t really explain it to him mid cut either because he just started hacking away. It was interesting because I just sat there carrying on a conversation full of small talk. I managed to make him think I’d been in Japan for years because I was speaking with him. But there was one funny incident where I made and interpreting mistake. He asked what my favorite thing about Japan was and I exclaimed, “Udon” which is a food. I thought he had asked about my favorite Japanese food. I realized my mistake when I saw how baffled he was.
Please excuse the themeless-ness. I already know its a no-no in SEO. I'll try to stick to a theme of mobile particularly in Japan.
- Various little worlds. . . . #roppongi #そこまでするか #japan #tokyo #roppongimidtown #roppongi #summervibes #capsulehote…… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 12 hours ago
- Rented the Fuji X 50mm f2 for the day. It's pretty impressive! It's tiny on my X-T20 but packs a punch https://t.co/dDC156wEj8 2 days ago
- Anyone happen to be in Roppongi and want to get lunch? 2 days ago
- I'm at BERTH COFFEE in 中央区, 東京都 swarmapp.com/c/g74gvANZTTZ 2 days ago
- Happy Friday! ift.tt/2wgbR5D https://t.co/IdyoznTTYx 3 days ago
- This men with anklets trend is getting way out of hand, Japan. 3 days ago
- The rainiest August I've ever experienced but I'm not complaining! Summer is cool again 😎 . . . #rainyday #rain #a…… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 days ago
- Pregnant with the happy spins 😊 . . . We had a wonderful trip and it's back to work now... #pregnancy #happyvibes …… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 days ago
- BOOM. Got something done on my to-do list ✅ 5 days ago
- I'm at 醤油らーめん きび太郎 in 台東区, 東京都 swarmapp.com/c/ez315j67CqL 6 days ago