Last Wednesday I was hanging out in the International building with my tutors and we were just talking about our weekends or something, and a lady dressed in a nice business suit approached us. It was Rob and his two tutors, and my two tutors and I. The lady kindly asked if she could get a short interview with someone. Immediately everyone pointed to me for some reason, so I decided to do it. I had no idea what it was about, or what kind of publication it was for, but I had nothing to lose. Turns out that they just wanted a few of my thoughts about the rainy season here in Japan, which is the month of June. She thought it would be interesting to ask someone who had never been in Japan during the rainy season, plus Japanese people like to hear from foreign people. It was fun, but I probably sounded like a two year old with my low level of Japanese. She took a few pictures of me to put in the paper too. I made one funny face of the 6 or 7 that she took just for fun, and that is the one they decided to put in the paper. I still haven’t read what was in the paper, I’ve just seen a picture of my picture in the paper. They way I found out about it is really interesting as well. A French international student received a message from someone that she didn’t really know. This message contained the a picture of my face in the paper. She then forwarded it to me and said she had no idea why this picture was sent to her. Strange stuff, but now I am searching for the paper. My teacher said she has some friends that get the paper and she can acquire a copy for me.
Please excuse the themeless-ness. I already know its a no-no in SEO. I'll try to stick to a theme of mobile particularly in Japan.
- Do any other expats feel they're just living the days by and not getting much culture from Japan? I want to take a 書道 lesson! 1 day ago
- ✅pick up breakfast for tomorrow (@ Andersen in 台東区, 東京都) swarmapp.com/c/lrUnfcr7xtI 1 day ago
- This guys has literally been sanding hours a day for the past week. When will it end? https://t.co/bsqkHriLTU 2 days ago
- I'm at エッコ・エッコ 入谷店 swarmapp.com/c/2PSa8NAV1CG 2 days ago
- BOOM. Got something done on my to-do list ✅ 3 days ago
- 共働きの必要性あるから？子育て支援が充実してるから？理由も気になりますね！11月に台東区で子供生まれるので、奥さんがちゃんと仕事に戻るように保育園とか充実してると信じたいな！ twitter.com/tmaita77/statu… 3 days ago
- My kind of bird watching! Welcomed planes from Toronto and Paris 🤓 (@ 鳥類園ウォッチングセンター) swarmapp.com/c/3LLkWehll4o https://t.co/beeXV7VcMj 3 days ago
- I'm at Kasai Rinkai @ParkSkasai in 江戸川区, 東京都 swarmapp.com/c/614iL0cv0Jd 3 days ago
- I'm at 葛西臨海公園 with a frisbee. Anyone want to throw? 3 days ago
- First planetarium visit ever (@ Konica Minolta Planetarium Tenku - @konicaminoltatk in 墨田区, 東京都) swarmapp.com/c/kXR4oatx525 4 days ago